You may donate your land outright to Helping Feet or donate a conservation easement to us. By making a donation of land or donating a conservation easement, you can make a generous gift while benefiting from income and estate tax deductions.
Donating land may be attractive to landowners who:
- Treasure their property and want to see it preserved for the common good;
- Own property they no longer wish to use;
- Own highly appreciated property, the sale of which would prompt a high capital gains tax;
- Own substantial real estate holdings and wish to reduce property and estate tax burdens;
- Recognize that greater expertise is needed to protect and manage the land; or
- Have no heirs willing or able to protect the land’s conservation values.